19 December 2015

Review: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (Playstation Portable)

Tekken is one of my all time favorite fighting series. Not because I believe it to be the best fighter out there, but because of nostalgia. I can not tell you how many hours I have spent in front of Tekken 2 with my friends. That game was my main reason for owning a Playstation 1 for the longest time. I have purchased every last game of the main series and when I got a Playstation Portable I immediately picked up Tekken: Dark Resurrection, which is the updated version of Tekken 5.

Wow. Just wow. It is not a handheld light version of Tekken, it is the real deal that just happens to be on a handheld system. It is every bit as fast paced, graphically beautiful and technically impressive. It truly feels like a top of the line PS2-Tekken title right in my hands and on the go. Very nice.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection contains all the usual stuff such as Arcade mode, Story mode, Practice mode and Tekken Dojo in which the players could download "ghosts", meaning a fingerprint uploaded by other players. This meant you could have the CPU behave as real people. The rooster is not slimmed down either, we have all the characters from the arcade plus three extras bringing the total up to 35 characters to choose from. The fighting system is completely intact, the loading times are very short and the game runs at buttery 60 frames per seconds. There is not much else to say quite frankly, it is a solid Tekken game that every Playstation Portable owner (who likes fighters) should pick up.